The people of St. John's work to spread God's kingdom locally, nationally, and globally. We engage in hands-on projects, serve on boards, and share resources to advance countless programs and causes. Our congregation encourages and supports our individual engagements with the world.
As one form of collective stewardship, we devote 10% of our income in support of our many mission partners in the Berkshires and around the globe. We are quick to respond to disasters near and far.
- Berkshire Food Project
- Northern Berkshire Interfaith Action Initiative
- Northern Berkshire Ministry Fund
- Northern Berkshire Habitat for Humanity
- Northern Berkshire Hospice
- Food Bank of Western Massachusetts
- Meals on Wheels
- Williamstown Food Pantry
- St. Stephen's Table
- Garden of Eatin'
- Hoosac Harvest
- Berkshire County Kids Place
- Redfield House
- Berkshire Red Cross
- VFW/North Adams
- Soldier On
- Williamstown Community Chest
- Berkshire Nursing Families
- Berkshire Immigrant Center
Among our valued mission partners are the groups we host in our buildings.
We believe we are called to serve through the sharing of our passions and resources. Here is a sampling of our outreach initiatives:
- Emergency relief grants to families and children in the North County
- Monthly preparation and delivery of means to about 40 town residents
- Spiritual and social support for residents of residential facilities
- Summer intergenerational mission trips providing health care in under-served communities (since 1998, groups have served communities in the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, and Peru)
- Giving Tree project to provide gifts for local families and children.