The work of the Outreach Committee seeks to reflect our baptismal calling to respect the dignity of every human being, to seek and serve Christ in all persons, whether near or far, to love our neighbors as ourselves, and to strive for justice and peace among all people.
The Outreach Committee works to enhance the spiritual lives of individual parishioners and the parish as a whole, and to improve the lives of those in need in the wider community. The committee’s activities should:
• Support organizations/projects that best reflect our mission and priorities.
• Deepen our faith and understanding of the pivotal role of outreach in the mission of the church.
• Encourage parishioners to become engaged in outreach activities, including the organizations we help to support.
• Raise parish and wider-community awareness of our individual and collective efforts to support and serve others.
• Enhance the reach and impact of our outreach and service programs through collaboration with other organizations and parishes.
Function of the Outreach Committee and its Members
Parishioner interest and active engagement, including the selection of priorities each year, are at the core of our outreach efforts. The Outreach Committee reviews and updates its guidelines annually, as they serve as the basis for its recommendations regarding how financial resources will be distributed.
Key functions of the Outreach Committee are to:
• Educate the parish about the biblical foundations of outreach and mission.
• Encourage input from parishioners, and help connect them, their time, and talents with those in need.
• Encourage youth involvement in outreach activities.
• Coordinate efforts with other ministries.
• Help publicize outreach opportunities and activities within and outside the parish.
• Efficiently allocate outreach funds designated annually by the Vestry.
• Monitor and provide oversight of grantees if needed.
Van Ellet is the chair of the Outreach committee. He can be reached at email@example.com.
Letter regarding all grant applications (click to view or print PDF)
Grant Application (click to view or print PDF)